Tuesday, May 01, 2007

How Do I Reward Me?

Had a less than stellar swim workout this morning. I just couldn't find my groove. Probably because I only did one swim workout in the last week. You need frequency to keep up the skills.

But Wednesday night kickball wrecks my Thursday morning swim. What to do? Give up sleeping in on Friday? OH MY!

So I think I'm going to give myself a chore chart. Let the boys give me stars every time I work out. With a goal of 8 workouts a week, and two bonus spaces. So, each sport twice is 6 workouts, plus two spin classes, and maybe an extra bike ride or run or weight class thrown in.

But, do I give myself weekly rewards? What reward will get me to the gym at 5AM on a Friday to swim 1000 or so yards??? We're closing in on the critical 6 weeks before the first triathlon. So I need to step it up, if not remain consistent with my program. Not a time for slacking. Slacking is for September.

Of course the end reward are the triathlons....but hmmmm. How should I reward me...what is better than sleeping on a Friday morning?

6 comments:

g-man said...

what is better than sleeping on a Friday morning?

Sleeping on Friday afternoon.

g-man said...

OOo I got a better one... Craby ptetzel. I'm hungry.

TxGambit said...

Sexy underwear/bra?? That's what I would get anyway.

g-man said...

Eating sushi while wearing sexy new undies and bra. Yum-o.

TeacherLady said...

Sadly, my reward for a good dance workout usually involves chocolate. Kinda defeats the point, I know...
Sushi and sexy new undies sounds great to me, though!

Anonymous said...

g-man your a nut!! lol There is nothing better then sleeping in on a Friday and Saturday and Sunday! Took me years to be able to do it, but darn it is nice!

Reward yourself with a sexy dress!