Monday, October 09, 2006

The Gay Sister Spa and Resort

The spa is fantastic. The rooms are private and come with a team of live in nannies and cooks. They take the children on outings and show then nature. The biggest surprise for me was the steam room. At first glance, it looks like any other bathroom in an older home. However, if someone opens the vent on the steam radiator for about 10 minutes before you get in, it is a full steam bath.

After my steam shower and gourmet breakfast, I was chauffeured to Kohl's and later to Pampered n' Pretty for a manicure and pedicure. Once finished there, back to the resort for a nap before a gourmet dinner. The nannies had the children out and about in various places, so I really stretched out and relaxed.

It was decided that the children would have much more fun at Hetero Sister's Fun Park, and so their party moved on for the night. I was going out with tea girls to gasp! A BAR! Which is conveniently on the premises.

The bar was magic. Mike's Hard Lemonade and tequila shots kept magically appearing in front of me. There were games like darts and pool and gossip. I met lots of really fun people I hope to see again some time soon.

It was really nice to flex my fun muscle. My responsible muscles are freakin' tired. I was back to reality by 3PM yesterday.

Dan was pissed at me again, for the look on my face and because I hadn't planned dinner. I had been dancing all evening the night before and he was supposed to have had the boys at 3PM. I'd decided if he didn't show up by 5, there would be cereal in our future. I was tired, and relaxed and getting ready to go back to work. I guess if he has to be angry about something, that's pretty benign. It is hard to watch him adjust to something I'd had more than 2 years to get my head around.

No comments: