Thursday, October 12, 2006

Who am I?

First, this is not a post about any kind of personality crisis, but I do feel a transformation coming on, and given all the recent and ongoing drama (because what ISN'T being posted here is infinitely more juicy) I just have to ask...

How would you describe me?

Now, I'm not asking for honey-soaked affirmations of your love for me. God knows I can't take that in right now. (A woman at work SWEARS I look like Reese Witherspoon, does that mean I qualify for a Ryan Phillipe model partner? Because I could work with those pouty lips. I could.)

Good, bad, objective is my goal. Balancing my yin and yang so to speak. Tell me how you would describe me to someone who doesn't know me. Not just the I'm-in-the-middle-of-this-divorce-mess me. All of me.

I'm hoping that reading that will help me re-center a bit with my head in the right place so I can focus on my personal priorities to myself (not to be confused with my life priorities that are very clearly my sweet bundles of joy and keeping a roof over their fabulous heads).

I want to get back to being more than the I'm-in-the-middle-of-this-divorce-mess me. Be brief, though, we'll all get sick of reading lengthy tomes.

Oh, and who are you? There are quite a few folks who've commented that I don't know, but my sisters and I keep having suspicions. ...tell me who you are! Give me a clue!

9 comments:

g-man said...

I would describe you as charming, driven, protective. A planner who leaves room to be spontaneous, loyal, and somewhat overly outspoken. Sometimes sarcastic, not someone you would want to cross verbal swords with. Fun to be around, sexy, smart, and a really great rack! :) I could go on but you asked for brevity, I have know you for many years and many moods and I still love ya.

Anonymous said...

You are an incredibly strong and resilient person. You have come through more adversity than most people could bear. And come through it all as a successful business woman and mother. You know what you want and you strive with every fiber of your being to attain it. You care about people, even if the words don't always come out that way. I believe in you and I know you'll get through this, collecting all the important lessons along the way.

Esmerelda said...

Above all, thanks for admiring the twins, G-Man!

Anonymous said...

Ok, here goes. You are one of the smartest and funniest people I have ever met - it was hard to decide which adjective to put first because one feeds off the other, I think. You have a very caring heart and wouldn't, on purpose, hurt anyone unless you were angry (then, watch out baby!). I think you have been very patient with this relationship and only YOU could know when enough was enough. I wish you happiness and peace.

Anonymous said...

Strong, resilient, formidable, tempermental, stubborn.

Beautiful, funny, smart, talkative.

Big hearted, caring, compassionate.

Few of these things are faults, and one or two you are to a fault. We're all like that - none of us are perfect, right? We are who we are...and you've been this person for years (yes, you've grown along the way, but we all are who we are). Good and bad, I'm PROUD to call you friend. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Very caring, smart, lovable, and my spoiled best friend!

I know you know guilt drives you in the wrong direction, but I also know you know how to say..enough is enough and can move on. You can't let guilt rule you as in time things will look different to the person who makes you feel guilty and this person will be able to see what the score is! Might even be happier! Just has to give it a try!

You have a lot to offer everyone around you and couldn't make a person happier being their friend! The little stinky pants are going to survive and be better men for the experience and so is their father.

Always remember things happen for a reason. We never know why or how but that is what makes life what it is.

Anonymous said...

Now, Now Amy!

Esmerelda said...

For the record, Amy warned me about Eyore when I first started dating him.

I remember her attempt at an intervention vividly.

Anonymous said...

Well if I’m going to explain how I see you through my eyes I have to start from my first impression. The first memory I have comes from when I’m about 5 years old. Wendy and I are sitting in grandmom’s living room playing a board game (I think it was Guess Who). As we play I remember thinking to myself I love hanging out with my cousin Wendy she’s so much. I can remember looking up at her picture hanging on the wall at grandmom’s house and thinking to myself When I grow up I hope I’m pretty just like my cousin Wendy. I can remember hearing the grown-ups talk about how smart Wendy is and thinking to myself I want to be smart too. It’s funny how impressionable you are at a young age, because I don’t think my perception has changed very much.

When I think of you I picture a beautiful and intelligent woman. I see someone I have always admired and someone I will always respect.

Also, a few words that come to mind

Witty
Sarcastic
Creative
Caring
Achiever
Successful
Energetic

Oh yea and Reese Witherspoon
(Sorry to say but your friend is right I think it’s your facial features).