Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pain

I worked out tonight so usually I'm on quite the high. Not so tonight.

So, I thought I'd share one of my favorite poems.

ChristiansBy Maya Angelou
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'.
"I'm whispering "I was lost,
I'm found and forgiven."
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
And need His strength to carry on.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
And need God to clean my mess.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
But, God believes I am worth it.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.
When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,
'm just a simple sinner
Who received God's good grace, somehow!

4 comments:

g-man said...

Very nice. And as we have said at bedtime prayers, may God be with your family in your time of need, such that you might recognize His works for what they are.

Esmerelda said...

thank you GMan

amazedatthecomments, could you find me a bottle of courage because if it gets worse than this, I might as well just give up now because I don't think I can make it.

Anonymous said...

It will definitely get harder before it gets better. But to reverse you decision will cause even great frustration, pain, confusion. Until all the cards are played and there are no more cards to be played things will be accepted.

Anonymous said...

Find comfort in His Word..."The LORD Himself goes before you and will be wiht you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." - Deuteronomy 31:8

When we are troubled, this is Jesus' advice: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." - John 14:1

Take a look at Psalm 86, as well.

I hope these verses help...